The Best Ways To Avoid Allergies In The Carolinas
Has the allergy bug hit you yet?
Raise your hand if you’ve ever been personally victimized by Carolina allergy season? Can I raise TWO HANDS?
Let’s face it, allergies stink.
Here are the best ways to avoid allergies this year:
- Dry, windy days are the worst for pollen, so try to stay inside on those days
- Find a friend or hire someone else to mow your lawn, pull weeds, and other gardening chores
- Shower once you get home and remove clothes you’ve worn outside
- Check your local pollen levels to track how high pollen levels are each day
- If pollen counts are expected to be high, start taking medicine BEFORE you get allergies.
- Close doors and windows at night
- Avoid activity in the early morning; this is when pollen counts are often the highest for the day
- Use dehumidifiers, air purifiers and the air conditioning in your home.
Hopefully, the quick tips will help you breathe a little easier this Spring!