10 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Christmas
We celebrate it every single year, but how much do you REALLY know about Christmas?
Here are 10 interesting facts about Christmas:
- An estimated 1 of 3 people worldwide celebrate Christmas
- About 36 million Christmas trees are produced each year on Christmas tree farms
- The French gave the biggest Christmas present ever in 1886. It was the Statue of Liberty, and they gave it to the United States of America.
- Santa wore a variety of colorful suits through the years — including red, blue, white, and green — but legend has it that the popular image of his red coat came from a 1930s ad by Coca-Cola.
- Jingle Bells was originally a Thanksgiving song. It was first performed at Thanksgiving church service. Bonus fact: It’s also the first song broadcast from space
- Consumer Product Safety Commission estimates that an average of 15,000 Americans visit hospital emergency rooms each November and December from holiday-related decorating accidents
- The world-wide highest-grossing Christmas movie of all time is Home Alone (1990) which brought in 285.76 million
- The post office will send around 28.2 million packages around Christmas time.
- Lots of couples break up two weeks before Christmas. In fact, this period is the second most common time of the year for couples to split.
- Santa’s reindeer are more than likely female: Male reindeer shed their antlers in winter, however, so the reindeer pulling Santa’s sleigh are more than likely female or castrated.
Sign me up for the Kiss 95.1 email newsletter!
Make sure you're not missing out on anything at Kiss 95.1 and become an exclusive VIP member. Enjoy all the perks and get exclusive insight into music news, contests, and more!