It’s a shame we won’t be getting those nice 70 degree temperatures this weekend, like we’ve been experiencing this week. The cooler temperatures might be nice though, because there are lots of holiday events going on this weekend.
If you’re looking for fun stuff to do this weekend n the queen city, you’re in luck; here’s a list of some events going on this weekend in Charlotte.
- Whitewater Center
- Outdoor ice skating returns to the Whitewater Center. Skate rentals are included in the ticket price.
- 9am to 8pm.
- $25 Day Pass, $6 parking.
Southern Christmas Show
- The Park Expo and Conference Center
- Get plenty of insporation for decking the halls at this multi-day Christmas show.
- Times vary.
How the Grinch Stole Christmas
- Belk Theater
- Bring the family out to see the Broadway holiday hit.
- November 16-21. Times vary.
- The VTGCLT (short for Vintage Charlotte) pop-up returns to Metropolitan. Expect a selection of handmade and vintage items from more than 90 local and regional vendors.
- November 12 through December 22; 10am to 7pm.
- Charlotte Motor Speedway
- Expect hundreds of creative light displays synchronized to Christmas-themed music.
- November 19 through January 2.
- Chef Alyssa’s Kitchen
- Just in time for Thanksgiving, this class will teach you two techniques for preparing deliciously flaky pie crusts. Chef Alyssa will then guide you through the process of making three seasonal pies.
A Shot in the Dark Night Trail Race
- Whitewater Center
- This nighttime trail race lets runners choose between a 5K or 10K course through the center’s trail systems.
Yancey Decades Party
- Brewers at 4001 Yancey
- Enjoy drink specials like the Hi-C Cooler Martini (served in a juice pouch), Sloppy Joe’s, board games and video games, then compete in a costume contest for a chance to win prizes.
Moss Art Frame Workshop
- Twigs & Figs
- Bring greenery into your space without the upkeep. This workshop will allow you to use preserved moss and other materials to create a unique piece of plant art. Ticket cost includes a 12″x12″ wooden frame, different types of moss and other supplies.
Secret Garden Terrarium Workshop
- In this workshop, you’ll use a variety of plants and décor items to create a whimsical terrarium. Stop by the in-house bar before class to grab a glass of wine, local beer, or a non-alcoholic beverage.
Buff Faye’s “Sex and the City” Drag Dinner
- Dilworth Neighborhood Grille
- Sex and the City-inspired drag dinner.
Tipsy Turkey Bar Crawl
- Kiwanis Uptown
- Explore some of NoDa’s drinking spots with Kiwanis Uptown and meet some new folks along the way.
Hornets vs Indiana Pacers
- Spectrum Center
- Join the hive in cheering on the Hornets as they take on the Indiana Pacers at home.
- Not Just Coffee Jay Street
- Shop for holiday gifts from local businesses, listen to live music, and enjoy an espresso. Participating vendors include Meshugganah, worthy+badass, CLT Find and many others.
- 9am to 2pm.
Hello Kitty Cafe Truck
- SouthPark Mall
- The popular, pink cafe and shop on wheels is making its return to SouthPark Mall. Shop new and exclusive Hello Kitty merch and limited-edition collectibles.
- 10am to 7pm.
- Prices vary.
South End Rail Trail Clean-Up
- Give back to the South End community by cleaning up around the Rail Trail. Clean-up supplies will be provided and following the clean-up, The Union will host a volunteer appreciation event.
- 10am to noon.
- Free, registration required.
- Skiptown CLT
- Expect a “pup-up” market where you can treat your pup, games like giant Connect4 and cornhole, apple cider mimosas and plenty of other fun activities.
- 11am to 6pm.
Holiday Pop-Up Market
- Ballantyne Village
- Shop from more than 30 local vendors at Ballantyne’s annual Holiday Pop-Up Market.
- Noon to 4pm.
Big Love Friendsgiving
- The Music Yard
- Head out to the Music Yard for a fun Friendsgiving food drive. Your canned food donations will support Second Harvest Food Bank.
2021 Vintage Charlotte Winter Market
- The Fillmore
- Spend the day shopping from 60+ of the region’s best vintage & handmade vendors at VTGCLT’s ninth annual Winter Market. Food and drink vendors will be on-site plus the first 500 shoppers will get a limited edition tote bag.
- $7 early bird entry at 10am
- $2 general admission 11am to 5pm
Vanity House Drag Brunch
- Hot Taco
- Sissy that walk on over to Hot Taco for a Sunday Funday drag brunch with the Divas of The Vanity House.
- The Music Yard
- The game will be cast on the big screen plus there will be drink specials, food, giveaways and music from DJ DOMII and The Business featuring BITSKY during commercial breaks Noon.
Panthers vs Washington Football Team
- Bank of America Stadium
Charlotte Gaymers Network After Dark
- Heist Brewery
- Join non-profit and LGBTQ+ youth advocacy group Charlotte Gaymers Network for their monthly mix-n-mingle gaming social. There will be a variety of consoles (retro and modern) set up as well as drag performances from local entertainers.