Who else is loving this longer Spring we are having this year in Charlotte?
Not only is Mother’s Day this weekend, but moms are about to get the ultimate treat with incredible weather yet again in the Queen City.
If you’re not sure what your weekend plans are yet, here is a list of some events happening around town that you can check out.
Mecklenburg County Public Health Vaccination Event
- 933 Louise Ave. Suite 105
- Catawba Brewing Company is hosting a free Covid-19 vaccination clinic for all residents, age 18+. The clinic will be administering the Moderna and Johnson & Johnson vaccines. Catawba will offer a $5 gift certificate to anyone 21+ that receives a vaccination on-site. Appointments are required.
- Free, appointments required
Mother’s Day Nailed It! Challenge
- Sweet Spot Studio at 4418 Monroe Road, Suite. C
- See how well you work with your mom (or your kids) in a series of fast-paced challenges. Teams of two will compete in two rounds of decorating challenges.
Uptown Farmers Market
- 300 S. Davidson St.
- Shop from over 40 vendors selling fresh fruits and veggies, meat and poultry, and artisan foods and baked goods.
- 8am to 12:30pm.
- Prices vary by vendor.
Markets at 11 in Ballantyne’s Backyard
- 11611 N. Community House Road
- This new open-air market will take place on the second Saturday of each month. Shop local vendors, enjoy live music, outdoor yoga, and food trucks. 11am to 6pm.
- Free admission and parking.
Tea Party with Mom
- Sweet Spot Studio
- Treat your mom to a tea party at Sweet Spot Studio. You’ll make almond tea cakes, thumbprint cookies, and chocolate desserts and of course tea from Birch Fine Tea.
The Invigory x CycleBar Mother’s Day Ride and Recovery Event
- Waverly Walk
- Head to Waverly Walk for two classes led by CycleBar instructors, complimentary and discounted treatments from The Invigory, and an exciting line-up of even more Waverly vendors including Scout & Molly’s, Cafe Moka and Whole Foods among others.
- Noon to 2pm.
- Lenny Boy Brewing
- Great Axepectations will be at Lenny Boy Brewing. Whether you’re new to throwing or a semi-professional, it’s sure to be an Axe-citing time.
- Noon to 8pm.
- $10 for 10 throws.
- Sycamore Brewing
- Head to Sycamore Brewing to enjoy fresh seafood, cold beer and live music.
- Noon to 9 pm.
Charlotte Water Lantern Festival
- 4400 Sharon Rd.
- The pond at Symphony Park will illuminate with the glow of hundreds of lanterns during the touring Water Lantern Festival. Activities include music, food trucks, and decorating your lantern before the big release.
Mama Ricotta’s Mother’s Day Brunch
- 601 S. Kings Drive, Suite AA
- Celebrate Mother’s Day at Mama Ricotta’s with a special brunch menu and lunch and dinner features.
- 10am to 2:30pm.
- Prices vary.
Mother’s Day at Fine & Fettle
- 4905 Barclay Downs Drive
- Fine & Fettle is hosting a ballroom brunch complete with a selection of made-to-order eggs, a carving station, a market seafood station, and hot buffet station. To make a reservation, email Nori.Schmidt@hilton.com with your preferred time slot. Masks and reservations are required.
- 11am and 1:30pm. $50 for adults, $18 for children ages 4-12, and free for children under 4
- The Stanley
- Treat mom to a special prix fixe menu for Mother’s Day at The Stanley. Each guest will choose a doughnut, a starter, and an entree.
- 10:30am to 1:30pm.
- $35 per person.
Leah & Louise Mother’s Day Brunch
- 301 Camp Road
- Enjoy a three-course family-style brunch menu featuring Leah & Louise brunch favorites and champagne.
- $100 for two.
Michelangelo’s Sistine Chapel Exhibition
- 401 S. Gardner Ave.
- See the works of Michelangelo as you’ve never seen them before in this unique exhibition. These masterpieces will be displayed in a large floor-to-ceiling format, giving visitors a new, close-up perspective.
- Various times.
Wells Fargo Championship
- Quail Hollow Club 3700 Gleneagles Rd.
- Witness some of the greatest golfers in the game at The Wells Fargo Championship. Tickets can be purchased for one day or the rest of the tournament.
- Runs May 3-9. 11am.
River Jam at the Whitewater Center
- 5000 Whitewater Center Pkwy.
- River Jam is back with live music at a one-of-a-kind outdoor venue in the middle of the world’s largest man-made whitewater river. The Mantras will take the stage this Friday.
- Free, $6 parking.
Evenings at the Park
- Symphony Park 4400 Sharon Road
- Join the Charlotte Symphony this May for a Spring classical mini-series in Symphony Park. Each performance will have selections from Beethoven, Debussy, Mozart, and more.
- $25 group of 4-6.
Charlotte Knights vs. Gwinnett Stripers
- 324 S Mint St.
- Head to Truist Field to watch the Knights take on the Gwinnett Stripers in their fourth matchup. Post-game highlights will include fireworks.
Mother’s Day Celebration
- Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens
- Bring your mom out to the Gardens to stroll, enjoy live music and dine at a selection of food trucks.
- May 8 & 9, 10am to 4pm.
- Free for moms, reservations required