The weather is getting warmer, and ever though there is a chance for rain this weekend, it is going to be another beautiful weekend in Charlotte.
If you’re looking for something to do this weekend, you’re in luck! There are more and more events popping up, and I’ve got a list of all of the things going on this weekend around the Queen City, both virtual and in person.
DISCLAIMER: Remember to wear your mask and follow proper CDC guidelines to protect yourself and others from the Coronavirus.
- Lenny Boy Brewing Co
- Taking the stage this Friday is The 502s with Virginia Man. Seating will be socially distanced in the parking lot. And if you can’t make it to a show, you can live stream the performance from home.
- Tickets are $22, with a discount for early purchase.
- 114 Raven Circle Kings Mt.
- Head to Hound’s Drive-In for double feature movie nights on Fridays and Saturdays. This week’s screenings include Godzilla vs Kong and The Little Things on Screen 1. And Voyagers and Chaos Walking on Screen 2.
- Gates open at 6:30pm, movies start at dusk (around 8:15pm)
- $20 per carload.
- 5000 Whitewater Center Parkway
- This triathlon will take you on a 1K open water swim in the Catawba River, 23K mountain bike ride and 6.5K trail run through the Whitewater Center’s trail system. A short-distance option is also available.
- 1026 Jay St.
- Not Just Coffee, is shutting down the Jay St. parking lot to host a socially distanced outdoor market with artists, makers, and food.
- 9am to 2pm.
- Online with SkillPop
- Learn how to make crispy and juicy hot-fried chicken with lemon waffles with the help of Chef Rosana Rivera. Chef Rosana will share her easy-to-master cooking techniques and signature hot honey recipe to top the dish off.
- Kosonen Park 11405 North Community House Road
- This class includes a 60-minute yoga flow followed by mimosas. Social distancing guidelines will be in place. Bring a photo ID, mat and water bottle.
- Classes are $5 to SweatNET members.
- 1111 Metropolitan Ave.
- Bring your friends, family, and even your favorite furry friend, to shop from over 30 local artists and small businesses at the Metropolitan Spring Pop-Up Market. There will be everything from jewelry and handmade soaps, to home goods and artisan food items.
- 10am to 4pm
- 2161 Hawkins St.
- Head over to Sycamore Brewing for two jam-packed days of local goods and cold craft beer.
- 10am to 4pm.
- 3000 S. Tryon St.
- Celebrate Lenny Boy’s 9th Anniversary in the Queen City with live music, new beer releases, and food from Blossom Bee Bakery and a barbeque food truck.
- 11am to 11pm.
Street Art Demonstration with Ricky Singh
- 551 S. Tryon St.
- Watch as Black Lives Matter muralist Ricky Singh live spray paints a piece outside of the Gantt Center and shares his experience with the Black Lives Matter mural project.
- Armored Cow Brewing Co. 8821 JW Clay Blvd. #1
- Screamin Wheels and Blades is hosting Charlotte’s first outdoor pop-up roller rink at Armored Cow Brewery. There are three skating sessions the second and third sessions are sold out, but you can add your name to a waitlist if spots become available. In addition to skating, there will also be food trucks and a live DJ.
- $20 if you bring your own skates, $25 if you need to rent skates.
- North Corner Haven
- This hands-on workshop, will introduce you to the world of mushrooms and teach you how to cultivate edible mushrooms in your backyard. Following the workshop, you’ll enjoy a fungi feast.
- $225 per person.
- The Music Yard
- Take a trip back in time to days of disco at Glitteryard Studio 54, a drive-in socially distant disco. There will be music from DOMii, Kate Garvey, DJ Trife, and Alan Ospina, and car-side food and beverage service will be provided by SouthBound.
- Latta Nature Preserve
- Take advantage of the mild weather and enjoy nature’s beauty on this moderately-paced hike at Latta Nature Preserve. The hike is about 2 miles.
- Camp North End
- Counterculture Club Yoga is back at Camp North End! Every Sunday, a rotating schedule of Charlotte’s best yoga teachers will lead a variety of different practices that will be accessible for all levels.
- 2216 Freedom Drive
- Noble Smoke is transforming its patio into a beer garden for the spring and summer months with a new casual dinner menu, craft beer, frozen cocktails, wine, and of course live music. Taking the floor this weekend is Banjo Earth (music starts at 6pm).