Hopefully you didn’t pack up all your jackets just yet, because we are having some unusually cooler weather this weekend in the Queen City. Temperatures on Friday and Saturday are getting as low as 30 degrees, with highs in the 50s. Temperatures will rise though just in time to have beautiful weather on Easter Sunday.
If you are looking for something to do this weekend, here is a list of some of the events I found that are going on.
DISCLAIMER: Remember to wear your mask, and follow all CDC guidelines if attending any event.
Movies at Victoria Yards- Who Framed Roger Rabbit
- 408 N. Tryon St.
- Enjoy a movie under the city skyline at Victoria Yards. Starting at 6pm there will be food trucks, alcoholic beverages, and live music. The movie will start at 8:15pm and CDC guidelines will be in place.
- This is a free event, but be sure to reserve your ticket online. 21+
- Lenny Boy Brewing Co. at 3000 S. Tryon St.
- Every Friday through April 30th, Lenny Boy Brewing hosts a new band to perform live from the loading dock in their Indie Fest music series. Seating will be socially-distanced in the parking lot. And if you can’t make it to a show, you can live stream the performance from home.
- Tickets are $22, with a discount for early purchase
- The Ballantyne Hotel – 10000 Ballantyne Commons Pkwy
- Experience a popular monthly tasting at The Ballantyne Hotel. April’s Whiskey Club tasting will feature four sensational expressions of Glenmorangie single malt family: Ten Year, Lasanta (12-year sherry cask finish), Quinta Ruban (14-year port cask finish) and Nectar D’Or.
- online with SkillPop
- Baker and decorator Hannah Roth will walk you through the process of making homemade vanilla buttercream frosting. You’ll practice alongside her as she teaches a variety of piping techniques like adding patterns and texture.
- Avenues at Steele Creek
- Join us as we host our Resident Easter Egg hunt on April 1st at 4 Pm. Whoever finds the “Golden Egg” will win an Electric Scooter! And whoever collects the most eggs will get a surprise gift!
- Backyard Birds
- 11am -1pm
- Drop by Backyard Birds in Matthews, NC to meet some of our adorable (& adoptable!) domestic bunnies looking for loving homes. Backyard Birds will donate 10% of all sales during this event, so shop ’til you drop! ha ha
Yoga and Mimosas Saturday at Dish
- 1220 Thomas Ave.
- Enjoy a free, beginner-friendly yoga session, taught by Lydia Calamari, then “nama-stay” for mimosas and brunch. Bring your own mat and water.
- CMPD Animal Care and Control hosts a virtual pet adoption for our furry friends who are most in need of new homes.
- 9-10 a.m.
- Optimist Hall at 1115 N. Brevard St.
- Hop over to Fonta Flora for an Easter egg hunt that the whole family can enjoy. The kid-friendly egg hunt starts at 10am and the adults-only egg hunt starts at 11:30am. Bring a basket and a mask to participate.
- 4412 Monroe Road
- Sweet Spot Studio is hosting an Easter-themed block party with festivities including a bake sale, a chocolate-dipped strawberry class, and a yard sale with all kinds of Sweet Spot merch.
- NoDa Brewing Co. at 2921 N. Tryon St.
- Sip on a cold brew and browse plants at this fun pop-up.
- Noon to 5pm.
- 222 Rampart St.
- Pamper your pet with fun goodies from local vendors like dog treats and leashes.
- Noon to 5pm.
- Lenny Boy Brewing at 3000 S. Tryon St.
- Every first Saturday, Lenny Boy Brewing will host a MAKRS Society pop-up market. You can grab a drink and shop locally from 20 talented artists and makers. Vendors will be spaced six feet apart to allow for social distancing.
- Masks are required.
Noble Smoke Beer Shack Now Open
- 2216 Freedom Drive
- Noble Smoke is transforming its patio into a beer garden for the spring and summer months with a new casual dinner menu, craft beer, frozen cocktails, wine, and of course live music. Taking the floor this weekend is Wagon Load A Trouble (music starts at 6pm).
- 601 E Park Ave, Charlotte, NC 28203-5170, United States
- Hundreds of eggs to find each filled with their own prizes. Over 8 chances to win some BIG AMAZING PRIZES! Kids will also enjoy a paint & sip activity where we will be serving up cold Capri Suns, colorful Sweet Mary Jo’s Paigealicious Gourmet Popcorn, and their very own Springtime Nightlight to Paint.
- $20 per child, $10 per additional child, adults FREE
- Historic Latta Plantation – 5225 Sample Rd, Huntersville
- This annual event features egg hunts organized by age group. Eggs will be filled with surprises, and dozens of special eggs will hold prizes for goody-filled baskets. Pack a picnic and enjoy a day of old-fashioned family fun strolling the grounds, visiting the animals, story time with Mother Goose, and more!
- Each child’s ticket includes admission for one adult. Additional adults $5 each.
- Speedway Harley-Davidson
- Food by the HOG Chapter from 11am-3pm and find the Golden Egg for the Grand Prize!
- 9am – 6pm
- Moo and Brew
- Join us to shop from 30+ talented local artists and makers.
- Stoke Charlotte at 100 W. Trade St.
- Stoke is offering an Easter Brunch menu that includes offerings like avocado toast, shrimp and grits, and chicken and waffles. Reserve a table by going to Stoke’s website.
- 9am to 3pm.
- 4521 Sharon Road
- Pick something off of the main menu, or go for the Easter special of Lamb Ragu with Fresh Cavatelli Pasta & Carrot Cake.
- 9:30am to 2:30pm & 3-9pm.
- Menu pricing.
- 10000 Ballantyne Commons Pkwy
- The Ballantyne Hotel will offer two brunch options, the first being brunch at Gallery Restaurant from 7am to 3pm and the second being a brunch buffet in the hotel ballroom from 11am to 3pm. Times vary.
- Prices vary.
The Porter’s House Easter Brunch
- 7417 Waverly Walk Ave.
- For $59, The Porter’s House is offering a three-course Easter menu with options like quiche Lorraine, smoked bacon and pimento cheese crusted filet mignon, and an ultimate chocolate chip brownie sundae.
- 11am to 3pm.
- Rooster’s SouthPark at 6601 Morrison Blvd
- Enjoy a three-course prix fixe Easter menu for $47 per person. A children’s menu will also be available. Times vary.
- Menu pricing.
- Merchant and Trade
- 10am – 3p
- Enjoy specialty brunch menu items, our famous rooftop views, and (of course) Magnum Mimosas!
- Reservations suggested
- South End Neighborhood
- When you purchase an Eat. Drink. Shop. LOCAL South End Passport you’ll gain access to exclusive deals from 55+ of South End’s best businesses. Use promo code “AXIOSCLT” at check out to save.
- April 2nd through May 23rd, 2021.
- Goodyear Arts 301 Camp Road, Suite 200.
- Head to the Goodyear Arts gallery in Camp North End to check out this alternative portrait exhibition featuring the work of several talented artists. Masks, social distancing, and capacity limits will be in effect.
- Fridays, 6-9pm.