It’s another weekend in the Queen City, and while the weather won’t be quite as nice as last weekend, there is still plenty to look forward to.
If you are looking for some fun activities to take advantage of this weekend, both virtual and in person, here is a list of some fun events I’ve found.
DISCLAIMER: If you are going out, please wear proper PPE and follow CDC guidelines to help slow the spread of Coronavirus.
- Armored Cow Brewing Co.
- Shop from local artists and vendors while you enjoy food from a rotating list of food trucks and your favorite brews from Armored Cow.
- 5-9 p.m.
- Goodyear Arts
- Masks, social distancing, and capacity limits will be enforced.
- 6-9 p.m.
- An outdoor concert series hosted by Anne Springs Close Greenway. Bring a lawn chair and head out to hear a rotating lineup of artists.
- 6-9 p.m.
INDIE FEST Virtual Experience The Vegabonds w/ WOMZ of Futurebirds
- Lenny Boy Brewing
- INDIE FEST is a weekly live stream music series that features touring independent artists every Friday night in March and April. Simply RSVP and donate any amount to receive access to the live stream.
- 7-11 p.m.
- Free, donations appreciated.
- online with SkillPop
- Join wine aficionado Kristy Wenz for a lesson on the basics of wine tasting and pairing, as well as Kristy’s top recommendations on new wines to try.
- 7-8:15 p.m.
- Spirit Square, 345 N College St.
- The event will also be live-streamed on Blumenthal’s Facebook page.
- 8 p.m.
- In addition to movement creation, the workshops will include collaborative poetry writing explorations that reflect on participant experiences.
- 10-11 a.m.
- 408 N. Tryon Street
- Uptown Sweat is a free, all-day fitness event at Victoria Yards in Uptown where workouts are set to a live DJ and led by six of Charlotte’s best fitness instructors.
- 10 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
- Free, registration required.
- Online with SkillPop
- Culinary Instructor, Emily Trotochaud, will you how to shape and bake a show-stopping Cinnamon Star Bread.
- 10-11:30 am.
Breathe + Bubbly: A Pop-Up Yoga Event
- 2215 Thrift Road Suite B
- Summit Seltzer is teaming up with Dancing Lotus Yoga to offer a 45-minute outdoor yoga class, plus post-workout seltzers and snacks.
- 11 am to 12:30 pm.
- 4905 Barclay Downs Drive
- Drop in to shop a variety of women-owned local businesses, sip on a cocktail and socialize in a safe and socially distanced setting. The event will take place in Canopy’s ballroom and open-air verandah.
- 1-5 pm.
- Truist Field
- The Charlotte Knights are welcoming fans back to Truist Field for an exciting day at the ballpark. Fans will be able to play catch on the field following the game between the Charlotte 49ers and Charleston Cougars.
- 1 p.m.
- A virtual concert series showcasing a wide variety of performances.
- 8 p.m.
- Free, $10 donation appreciated.
- NoDa Brewing Company
- A relaxing yoga flow on the patio lawn or heated pavilion of NoDa Brewing Company.
- Tickets can be paid with exact cash, Venmo or Paypal.
- 10:45 a.m. to noon. $5.
- Brunch is back at Stoke Charlotte with some staples menu items like the Stoke Chicken Biscuit plus some new additions.
- 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Menu pricing.
- Izzy’s Woodfired Pizza
- Spend $10 and get a complimentary 10-inch cheese pizza from Izzy’s Woodfired Pizza at Triple C when you order using the Intown Delivery app.
- Free with purchase.
- 5-8:30 p.m
- For $99, Homer The Dragon and the Easter Bunny will hand-deliver an Easter Basket to a loved one of your choosing. The package includes a Homer T-shirt and face mask, candy-filled plastic eggs, festive bunny ears, a foam finger and other fun goodies. The deadline to place an order is 5 p.m. on Monday, March 22. Deliveries will take place from Monday, March 29 to Friday, April 2.
- The Workman’s Friend
- Irish food, live music, dance performances and festive freebies.
- Through March 20.
- Price varies.
- Theatre Charlotte kicks off its ‘This is Charlotte’ series with a live-streamed dramatic reading of local playwright, Breana C. Venablé’s “Unarmed and Dangerous.”
- Friday and Saturday
- 7 p.m.