Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
I’m sure none of imagined our St. Patrick’s Day would be spent quarantined in our home, but here we are.
If you’re looking for ways to still be festive at home tonight, how about cooking one of my favorite Irish meals; Shepherd’s Pie.
I had never had Shepherd’s Pie until college, when my best friend, Olivia, made it for me. Now, her recipe has become one of my favorites because it is so easy to make.
- 1 pound of ground beef/ turkey
- can of sweet corn
- can of carrots and peas (or whatever other vegetables you like)
- Bob Evan’s mashed potatoes
- Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cook onions and ground beef on the stove top until browned, then pour on the bottom of a oven safe dish
- Pour cans of corn and vegetables on top on beef in the dish
- Spread mashed potatoes on top of the vegetables, then cover with cheese.
- Put it in the oven for 20 minutes or until completely warm.