Food Truck Friday Plaza Midwood
- Resident Culture Brewing
- The Dumpling Lady, Streamline Kitchen, What The Fries CLT, My Sausage Buddy, Libretto’s Pizzeria Charlotte, Waffle Tastries and Hip Hop Smoothies.
- 4-9 p.m.
- Sycamore Brewing
- Papi Queso Food Truck, TIN Kitchen, OooWee BBQ, Gyro Twins Truck, GOGI, Chef Ray’s Cuban Cuisine, Chilaka Tacolab and Rollicious Ribs & More.
- 4-10 p.m.
Charlotte Symphony: Nightmare Before Christmas
- Belk Theater
- “The Nightmare Before Christmas” will be playing on the big screen and orchestra will bring the music to life for an even spookier experience.
- 7:30 p.m.
Whitewater Center Film Series
- U.S. National Whitewater Center
- This week, they’re showing “Into the Okavango,” a film that shows the journey of a team of explorers, navigating a region that’s home to the largest population of African elephants.
- 6:53 p.m.
- Free, $6 parking
Friday Nights at Camp North End
- 1824 Statesville Ave.
- Every Friday, they’ll have food, music and a few surprises for a laid-back hangout. Note: Kids and leashed pets are welcome.
- 5-10 p.m.
Terrors of the Past
- Charlotte Museum of History
- In this immersive theatrical attraction, participants will journey into the darkness of the woods to solve the mysterious death of Polly Alexander.
- 6-10 p.m
Charlotte Checkers vs. Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Bring at least four cans of food to support Loaves and Fishes and receive a free ticket to their December 1 game.
- 7 p.m.
Charlotte Hornets vs. Minnesota Timberwolves
- Spectrum Center
- 7 p.m.
Kiss 95.1 Grave Diggers Ball 2019
- 300 N. Brevard St.
- It’s time for the city’s biggest annual Halloween party. So put on a costume and get ready to party with Diplo.
- 6-11:30 p.m.
Moonlight Movies: Hocus Pocus
- 1111 Metropolitan Ave.
- Meet The Sanderson Sisters, decorate pumpkins, eat popcorn and candy and watch one of the best Halloween movies of all time, “Hocus Pocus.”
- 5:30-9 p.m.
- Daniel Stowe Botanical Garden
- An event for the whole fam, expect campfires and smore’s, a costume parade, games, fall activities and more.
- Free for Members, Kids in Costume or with General Garden Admission.
- 11 a.m. to 3 p.m
Rich & Bennett’s Halloween Bar Crawl
- Day/night of drink specials, event koozies, giveaways and a costume contest. It’s like trick-or-treating, expect instead of candy you get alcohol. There are more than 20 bars included in this year’s crawl.
- 1-10 p.m.
Haunted Pinhouse Party!
- Pinhouse, 2306 Central Ave.
- They’ll have haunted bowling, a costume contest, live music and an entire wall of fall-inspired taps.
- 7-11:30 p.m. Free
- Brewers at 4001 Yancey
- We know you already have a costume for your dog anyways, so you might as well enter your cutie in a costume contest to win a prize.
- 3-5 p.m.
- Donations encouraged.
- Discovery Place Nature
- Dress your kiddo in a nature-themed costume for a contest, crafts, shows and more.
- 10 a.m. to noon.
OMB & LoSo Halloween Celebration
- The Olde Mecklenburg Brewery
- They’ll have live music all day, Halloween inspired food specials and a costume contest for Best Overall Men’s Costume, Best Overall Women’s Costume, Most Original Costume (or Best Homemade Costume) and Funniest Costume.
- 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
The Blair Witch Project: A Carolina Theatre Pop Up Event
- Blue Blaze Brewing
- Catch a free screening of this classic Halloween horror movie.
- 7:30-10 p.m.
- Free, RSVP.
- 5020 Hangar Road
- Anyone can watch the race for free, but there are three 5K options for runners/walkers (5K regular, 5K baby jogger walk/run and 5K wheelchair). You get to run/walk on the airport runway, so it’s a quick and flat race surrounded by planes taking off.
- 8 a.m.
Animal Kneads Day
- Great American Harvest Company, 6420 Rea Road
- A $10 donation gets you free loaf of bread, and 100 percent of your donation supports CMPD Animal Care & Control Division’s spay/neuter program. There will also be a Halloween costume contest so bring your dog along to participate.
- 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- $10 donation.
- Childrens Theatre of Charlotte
VolunCHEERS: South End Clean Up
- The Union
- 9:30 am-2pm
Shipwrecked Halloween Ball
- Moo and Brew
Carolina Voices: DEAD or ALIVE!
- Spirit Square
- Expect a night of ghoulish fun, scary surprises, awesome make-up and Halloween-themed tunes.
- 8 p.m. $20.
N.C. State Fair
- 1025 Blue Ridge Road, Raleigh
- The ultimate fall bucket list item, the fair is filled with deep-fried foods, vendors, spinning rides and excellent people-watching opportunities.
- Times vary each day
- Hall Family Farm
- Hall Family Farm has a little bit of something for everyone, including a pumpkin patch, hayrides, a 5-acre corn maze and of course, and the delicious apple cider doughnut sundaes.
- 9 a.m. to 10 p.m.
- Pumpkins are $0.64 per pound
- Wise Acres
- Wise Acres also had a corn pit, wagon rides, a corn maze, zip lines, playgrounds and a barrel train.
- Pumpkins: are$0.69 per pound.
- 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Carrigan Farms
- During the day, a hayride will take you to the patch so you can hunt for your perfect pumpkin. But there’s also plenty to do at night. You can opt for the night hayride which will take you to a bonfire (you can bring your own s’mores materials for roasting) or head to “Scarrigan Farms” for a haunted trail (not for kids).
- 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- $11 (pumpkin + hayride)
- The event features 500+ monsters, ghosts and goblins roaming the grounds plus haunted attractions and shows.
- 7 p.m. to midnight.
Carolina Renaissance Festival
- 16445 Poplar Tent Road
- This 20-something-year-old annual festival takes you way back in time to the days of jousting, armored knights, feasting and more. Expect more than 500 characters in costume, 14 entertainment stages, hundreds of village vendors, turkey legs and other festival foods, knights on horseback, tomato tossing and more.
- 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- $15 kids, $25 adults.