For some people Halloween is all about the candy and partying, while others love the scares that come with it, and there are lots of places around the country where it’s easy to get your spook on.
While many people aren’t exactly traveling to get their scare on this year, “USA Today” 10Best asked folks to weigh in on their top haunted destinations in America, so if you’re looking to plan a Halloween inspired trip next year you may want to listen up.
Topping the list is Zak Bagans’ The Haunted Museum in Las Vegas, which showcases original collectables from allegedly haunted destinations throughout the U.S. The 1938 property consists of over 30 rooms, and is believed to be haunted itself
Top Ten Haunted Destinations In The U.S.
- Zak Bagans’ The Haunted Museum in Las Vegas, NV
- Yuma Territorial Prison Museum & Park in Yuma, AZ
- Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum in Weston, WV
- The Grove in Jefferson, TX
- Fort East Martello Museum in Key West, FL
- St. Augustine Lighthouse & Maritime Museum in St. Augustine, FL
- West Virginia Penitentiary in Moundsville, WV
- Waverly Hills Sanatorium in Louisville, KY
- Winchester Mystery House in San Jose, CA
- Fort Abraham Lincoln State Park in Mandan, ND
Source: USA Today