South Carolina Is Tops In The Nation When It Comes To Hiring
Job hunting can feel like a full-time position between searching employment listings, updating résumés, reaching out to references and scheduling interviews. But it turns out, where you live can make a big difference in your success. Some places make it easier to find employment. Locally, job hunting in South Carolina turns out to be a good thing according to new research from WalletHub. They revealed a list of states where scoring jobs is easier than others. South Carolina ranked #17 out all 50 states. SC was 6th for job market (openings) and 34th for economic environment.
North Carolina was 36th on the list so there’s that haha! Let’s dive into it a little more.
- WalletHub compared the 50 states on 34 key indicators of job-market strength and economic health.
- They rated the states on everything from median annual income to the average commute time.
- Washington is number one for the second year in a row, coming in first in the economic environment category and eighth for the job market rank.
- Virginia, second overall, is number one for the job market.
- On the flip side, West Virginia is the worst state for jobs for the second consecutive year. It’s 50th for job market strength and 49th for the economic environment.
The Top 10 Best States for Jobs in 2023
(Click here to see the full list)
- South Dakota
- Rhode Island
The 10 Worst States for Jobs in 2023
- West Virginia