While names like Emma, Sophie, Noah and Liam rarely go out of style, there are still plenty of parents out there who want to be creative when it comes to naming their child. But sometimes that creativity goes horribly wrong (at last other people think so), and kids are left with names they may grow to be embarrassed by.
So, how bad are some of those names? Well, a Redditor started a thread asking folks to share the worst baby names they’ve heard, and people where more than happy to share.
Terrible baby names include:
- ”My co-worker named her baby ‘Strawberry Rain’. Which would be a great baby name, if she had given birth to a bottle of shampoo.”
- “Kingslayer. Wish I was kidding.”
- “Diesel Duramax,” which at least one person thought was “the most badass name ever.”
- “Met a girl named Jennifert in college…Jennifer with a T. Why? Because her parents wanted her to be different.”
- “Taqueria, and for those who don’t speak Spanish. A ‘Taqueria’ is a place that sells tacos.”
- “Any name where the parent takes a classic name and changes the spelling of it in an effort to be edgy, like ‘Jayke’ or ‘Mychael’ – that’s just so cringe-worthy to me.”
- ”Extra points for the kid I met named Moon Star.”
- “As a kid who’s name is just as equally f****d up, please think before you name your children something dumb and edgy….” urged a person, like “Arynne…. pronounced Erin.”
Source: The Sun