While some people never leave the state, or the city, they grew up in, others venture to other parts of the country to settle down. So, how do you know you’re choosing the best state to live in? Well, while everyone may have their thoughts on what makes their state the best, WalletHub actually has the answer.
- The site has just come out with their list of the Best States to Live In, looking at the 50 states based on 52 key indicators of livability, breaking them down into five categories – affordability, economy, education and health, quality of life and safety.
- With all that in mind, the site picks New Jersey as the best state to live in with a score of 63.01 out of 100.
- New Jersey ranks at number one for safety, five for education and health and seven for quality of life, although it does land at 49 for affordability.
- Massachusetts, two overall, is tops for education and health, and New York, third overall, is tops for quality of life, while Alabama is tops for affordability, and North Dakota ranks at one for economy.
Top Ten Best States To Live In
- New Jersey
- New York
- New Hampshire
- As for the worst state to live in, that would be New Mexico, which scores a 38.96, and ranks dead last for safety, and in the bottom five for economy and education and health
Click here to see where your state falls on the list.