While some folks may not believe in luck, there are plenty of people who do, but could where you live play a role in whether you have any of that luck? Well, a new report suggests that it is possible, and is warning against which state may keep you from having any good luck.
- Best Life set out to uncover the Unluckiest State in the U.S.
- They looked at five key metrics to come up with a 100-point Unlucky Index.
- They looked at each state’s accident mortality rate and accident death rates, number of official natural disasters (since 1953), number of Powerball winners and unemployment rates.
- With all that in mind, Texas was named the Unluckiest State.
- The Lone Star state has a 39.7% rate of accidental deaths, and 360 natural disasters.
- It has also had only two Powerball winners, with an unemployment rate of 6.9%
Top Ten Unluckiest States In The U.S.
(click here to see where your state falls on the list)
- New Mexico
- West Virginia
- As for the luckiest state, that would be Utah, which gets high points for only having 47 natural disasters and an unemployment rate of just 3%, although they have not had any Powerball winners.
Source: Best Life