I have been trying to spend more time on TikTok lately and I came across a mom who’s got game! I first found her through the New York Post but with almost 700k views on one of her videos and a ton of comments, she had my attention!
A mom has posted a video on TikTok telling the rules she has for her kids, and there’s a big discussion about how unusual they are. Some love them and others think they go a bit too far.
TikToker Fawna says she knew her rules wouldn’t be liked by everyone, and starts her video saying “I might lose some followers and probably get some hate but you know, it is what it is.” The rules she has for her kids:
- They must be respectful and say “ma’am” and “sir.”
- They can start cursing at the age of 13, as long as they use it in the proper context and don’t disrespect adults.
- When they turn 16 they have to get a driver’s license, a job, and start paying rent. She says she saves the rent they pay and gives it back to them when they move out.
- She says her kids aren’t allowed to “bother me, talk to me, touch me, nothing” until she has finished her first cup of coffee.
Commenters are divided over the rules, with the idea of the kids paying their mom rent getting some criticism, with one saying “as a parent its our job to provide for them we are supposed the save money for them.”
- The comments aren’t all negative, though, with a lot of people agreeing with Fawna’s rules. One mom commented, “Actually mostly what my husband and I planned on for our kids before we ever got pregnant.”
Source: New York Post