When you spend a lot of money on college for your child, it’s understandable to want a good return on your investment. And while some schools are more likely to lead to good jobs for your kids, if your goal is for your kid to be rich, there are some colleges better suited for that.
Expensivity.com has come out with its picks for the Best Colleges and Universities for Becoming Super Rich. They based the list by simply looking at where the richest people went to school. Those rich people had wealth of at least $3 billion, which is about 250 people in the U.S. Not surprisingly Harvard tops the list, with 25 tri-billionaires graduating from the Massachusetts Ivy League.
Top Colleges & Universities to Become Super Rich
1. Harvard University [25 tri-billionaires]
2. Stanford University [17 tri-billionaires] (tie)
2. University of Pennsylvania [17 tri-billionaires](tie)
4. Columbia University [10 tri-billionaires]
5. New York University [9 tri-billionaires]
6. Yale University [7 tri-billionaires]
7. Cornell University [6 tri-billionaires](tie)
7. University of Southern California [6 tri-billionaires](tie)
9. Princeton University [4 tri-billionaires](tie)
9. Massachusetts Institute of Technology [4 tri-billionaires](tie)
9. University of California, Berkeley [4 tri-billionaires](tie)