We are always reading reports about which states are best in certain areas, like retiring, to live in, to raise a family and more. But while newspapers and magazines can analyze all the data they want, Americans are still going to argue about which state is the best, and now a new survey reveals their thoughts.
- YouGov sought to find out which state Americans consider the best in the U.S.
- They did so by asking people to pick the better state in a series of head-to-head matchups, with Washington, DC included in the mix.
- The state topping the list had the best “win percentage,” meaning that’s how often they won in their head-to-head battle.
- So, which state reigned victorious?
- Well, Hawaii, which won 69% of its head-to-head battles, with Colorado close behind with 65% of the wins.
- Although not an actual state, Washington, DC ranked at the bottom of the barrel, winning only 35% of its matchups.
- The two lowest actual states were Alabama and Mississippi, which both only won 38% of the time.
The Top 10 Best States In The U.S.
(click here for the complete list)
- North Carolina
- New York