Half Of Americans Are Planning A Trip This Spring…Including Me!
It has been a year since most people haven’t been able to take a proper vacation, so it’s understandable that now that some folks have gotten their vaccines they are itching to travel again. The moment I got my vaccine shot, I scheduled a weekend getaway. I think it’s good for mental health to get back to some sort of normalcy, especially if you’ve been following strict guidelines.
According to a Trip Advisor survey:
- 50% of Americans are planning some sort of trip this spring, meaning March 1st to May 31st.
- That number increases to 58% for Millennials.
- And it sounds like Millennials are a bit more optimistic about the future.
- In fact, 71% admit they feel comfortable dining out this spring, as opposed to 62% of all age groups.
- Plus, 54% of Millennials expect day-to-day life to go back to normal within the next three months, something only 38% of all age groups agree on.
So, where is everyone going if they’re ready to travel again?
- Well, TripAdvisor shows that 66% of searches are for domestic destinations, while 34% are for international locations.
- Most seem to be interested in warm weather destinations, with Florida, Mexico and the Caribbean showing the biggest increases in searches.
- Topping the list as the fastest growing destination for Americans is Isla Verde, Puerto Rico, followed by St. Thomas in the Caribbean.
- Big cities like New York and San Francisco are among the slowest growing destinations for Americans.