Cats have an extraordinary sense of smell, which was a good thing for one Oregon family.
The family’s cat is being credited for potentially saving their lives. Recently, Sandi Martin noticed her cat, Lilly, sniffing a valve by the fireplace. Martin then sniffed the valve herself and noticed a mild gas smell coming from it.
After confirming the smell with her husband, they notified the gas company who then instructed the Martins to shut off the gas and open the windows. Upon arrival, the gas company confirmed there was a “dangerous gas leak” coming from their fireplace. It was capped off.
Martin pointed out that she adopted Lilly not long ago, to help save herself from depression during the COVID lockdown.