Over the holiday season, more people will show they care by volunteering or donating money to a worthy cause. But there are some areas in the country where such acts of caring are more prevalent year round, and now a new report reveals where those caring cities are.
WalletHub just released their list of the Most Caring Cities in America, judging areas on 39 key indicators of compassion. They include:
- Caring for the Community, which includes things like favors to neighbors and clothing distribution to the needy
- Caring for the Vulnerable, which encompasses percentage of sheltered homeless and adoption rates.
- Caring for the Work Force, which could be percentage of firefighters and cops, as well as nurses and doctors.
- Overall, Virginia Beach, Virginia was deemed the Most Caring City in America, earning a score of 66.48 and ranking number one Caring for the Community.
- Scottsdale, Arizona, which ranks 10th overall is tops for Caring for the Vulnerable.
- And St. Paul,, Minnesota, ranked sixth overall, is the best when it comes to Caring for the Workforce.
Top Ten Most Caring Cities in the U.S.
(click here for the complete list)
- Virginia Beach, VA
- Madison, WI
- Pittsburgh, PA
- Lincoln, NE
- Minneapolis, MN
- St. Paul, MN
- Fremont, CA
- Chesapeake, Virginia
- Boston, MA
- Scottsdale, AZ
Among the other results from the report:
- Memphis, Tennessee and Birmingham, Alabama are the cities that donate the highest percentage of income to charity, while Buffalo, New York donates the least.
- Jacksonville, Florida is the city where the highest population is doing favors for neighbors, while Orlando, Florida does the least.