This Popular North Carolina Barbecue Joint Cited For Lots of Flies and A Dirty Kitchen
Flies, a dirty kitchen and improper food preparations. These are not the words you want to hear when describing your favorite restaurant. When you go out to eat you have a reasonable expectation of cleanliness. But this popular North Carolina barbecue joint was just cited for lots of flies and a dirty kitchen. It has been a west Charlotte favorite eatery for years but it just got slapped for a less than favorable health inspection.
The Bar-B-Q King at 2900 Wilkinson Boulevard received a score of 87 on November 30th according to the Charlotte Observer. Health department inspectors said flies were found throughout the establishment. This is the first time since April 2019 that the barbecue restaurant received a “B” score. Permits are immediately revoked if a restaurant receives a score of less than 70 percent. A 87 score is far above that.
These are other violations that the popular North Carolina barbecue joint received. According to our source, the Charlotte Observer:
- Raw fish stored above ready-to-eat pickles
- Large plastic containers and metal containers stored with food debris left on them
- Containers of pork and ground beef chili stored above required temperatures
- Employee preparing food with watches and bracelets
- Rusted shelving throughout the facility Floors, walls and ceilings contaminated with food debris, grease buildup and dirt debris.
The Charlotte Observer reportedly reached out to the Bar-B-Q King prior to publication. To read the entire article check it out right here.