The Most Ridiculous Things Millennial’s Parents Ingrained In Them
When we were growing up, our parents told us a whole bunch of things. As we became adults ourselves, we realized that they’re not entirely true. Redditor @hightreez realized this and took to r/Millennials subreddit to ask, “What is the most ridiculous thing your parents ingrained in you that you now just realize” Here’s what people had to say from Buzzfeed.
- “That it was illegal to turn the interior lights of the car on while driving.”
- “A 10-hour car ride with only one bathroom break is normal.”
- “Living together before marriage is wrong, wrong, wrong on all levels. Not only is it a sin, but it proves the old expression ‘Why buy the cow when you can get the milk free.’ I’m very thankful I didn’t live by this. I would have had a nasty divorce instead of just a difficult break-up.”
- “Make sure to tell your boss that you want to work all the weekends, evenings, and holidays so that they know you really care about your job.”
- “Stay with one company and be loyal and they’ll appreciate you and pay you more.”
- “That you will drown and die if you swim after you eat.”
- “The mystical ‘permanent record lie.’ If I got a detention, speeding ticket, any sort of ticket actually, it’d go on my permanent record and I’d never get into college or get a good job. It was the blanket fear approach instead of using truthful, realistic consequences for those situations.”
For even more, click HERE!