We are deep into football season and there’s no doubt Americans take football very seriously. And that’s particularly true when it comes to their favorite teams, with team loyalty getting in the way of some friendships.
Accorxing to SWNS Digital a new survey finds:
- Americans are so loyal to their favorite football teams that 52% of people admit to ending a friendship because the other person supported their favorite team’s rival.
- And when their team loses a game, it takes most people an average of three days to get over it.
- Of course, for football fans there’s nothing better than watching aa game, and while 38% say the best place to do that is at the stadium, others enjoy watching the game:
- At home (30%)
- At a bar (13%)
- At a friend’s house (10%)
- 39% say during the football season they will both host and attend football parties.
- The average football fan will host six parties throughout the season.
- 46% will only have fans of their favorite team at the party.
- 28% will have a mix of both fans and non-fans.
- As for what makes a game-day party great:
- 26% say it’s the game.
- 26% say it’s the people
- 22% say it’s the food
- 21% say it’s the drinks.
- And must have foods at a game day party include:
- Burgers (26%)
- Chips and dip (25%)
- Hot dogs (24%)
- Fries, charcuterie meats and cheeses, and Buffalo wings (23%)
Source: SWNS Digital