Anyone with kids will tell you there a lot of things to consider when looking for a place to raise your family, and there’s no doubt folks in certain parts of the country have it easier than others.
- Well, WalletHub just came out with their list of the Best Cities To Raise A Family.
- They looked at the 180 most populated U.S. cities, judging them on 48 different factors including cost of housing, quality of local schools, and healthcare, as well as if there are opportunities for fun and recreation.
- Topping the list is Overland Park, Kansas, which topped the list for another year, earning a total score of 72.48 out of 100.
- Overland Park ranks at number one for affordability, four for socioeconomics, and seven for education and childcare.
- Los Angeles is tops for family fun, while Irvine, California, third overall, is tops for health and safety, South Burlington, Vermont, sixth overall, is tops for education and childcare, and Freemont, California, second overall, is tops for socioeconomics.
Top Ten Best Cities To Raise A Family In the U.S.
- Overland Park, KS
- Fremont, CA
- Irvine, CA
- Plano, TX
- Columbia, MD
- South Burlington, VT
- Seattle, WA
- Scottsdale, AZ
- Gilbert, AZ
- Madison, WI
- On the flipside, Detroit, Michigan is the worst U.S. city to raise a family in, scoring just a 34.67.
- It ranks near the bottom for education and childcare, socioeconomic factors, and health and safety, plus it’s pretty low on the list for affordability.
The Ten Worst Cities To Raise A Family In the U.S.
- Detroit, MI
- Cleveland, OH
- Memphis, TN
- Hialeah, FL
- Newark, NJ
- Birmingham, AL
- Wilmington, DE
- San Bernardino, CA
- Miami, FL
- Montgomery, Al
Click here to see where your city falls on the list.