We all bleed red and owe all who shed for our freedom respect.
Memorial Day is a day in our American history where we remember and honor the ones who have served our country. Here are some events going around in the Queen City this Memorial Day weekend where you can take part in numerous festivities.
- Sunday, May 26th starting at 9 a.m. until after dark, celebrate at the U.S. National Whitewater Center’s Memorial Day Celebration. Enjoy live music by Ryan Montbleau and Anders Osborne is free, and so are the fireworks that follow. Parking is $6.
- Circle K Speed Street Presented by Coca-Cola will be held on Thursday, May 23rd, through Saturday, May 25th, in Uptown Charlotte. Live music, drivers’ appearances, kids activities, and much more. The headlining concerts, in Romare Bearden Park, include Brothers Osborne on Friday night and Styx on Saturday night. Tickets are $20 in advance and $25 the night of the show.
- Carowinds Military Days held on Sunday, May 26th and Monday, May 27th. Active, inactive or retired the United States Service men and women with a valid military I.D. can get into Carowinds for free.
- On Monday, May 27th from 11 am to 12 pm celebrate at the Memorial Day Ceremony in Huntersville. Join the Town of Huntersville at Veterans Park, 201 Huntersville-Concord Road, Huntersville, for the ribbon-cutting for this park, followed by the annual ceremony to honor our fallen troops.
- Kannapolis Memorial Day Parade will be on Monday, May 27th, at 11:30 am. After the parade, there will be music by the Reggie Sadler Group, and a ceremony honoring the oldest living female WWII Marine vet.
Written by Alexis Paige @Official_LexPaige