What are the happiest states in America? What makes a state happy anyway haha? Well, that may be different things for different people. A new report from WalletHub claims to have figured it out, and named the happiest state in the nation.
- WalletHub has just come out with their list of the Happiest States in the U.S.
- They looked at the 50 states across 30 key metrics in areas of emotional and physical well-being, work environment and community and environment.
- Factors include depression rates, income growth, physical health, sleep rates, and more.
- Topping the list this year is Hawaii, which scores a 66.31 out of 100, landing on top for emotional and physical well-being, and in the Top 10 for community and environment.
- Utah, fourth overall, is number one for both work environment and community and environment.
North Carolina was 20th on the list. Scoring a high score of 14 on the Wellness rank. South Carolina came in at 33 scoring a high of 11 in Enivoroment and community.
First here’s the list of least happy states:
Mississippi (last in “Work Environment” category)
West Virginia (last in “Emotional & Physical Well-Being” category)
Now. Here’s the top 10 happiest states in America: