Popular Baby Names Inspired By Fashion Brands? Parents can find inspiration for baby names in all sorts of places, and it seems there are plenty of moms and dads out there who have looked to their favorite fashion brands when deciding what to call their tot.
24/7 Tempo has come out with a list of the most popular baby names inspired by fashion and beauty brands.
The list is based on both boy and girl names from 2000 to 2020.
Topping the list for both boys and girls is Armani, associated with the Italian fashion designer Giorgio Armani, with over 9.000 babies in the U.S. getting the moniker Armani.
Top 10 Baby Names:
click here for the complete list
Source: 24/7 Wall Street
So, how bad are some of those names? Well, a Redditor started a thread asking folks to share the worst baby names they’ve heard, and people where more than happy to share.
Terrible baby names include:
- ”My co-worker named her baby ‘Strawberry Rain’. Which would be a great baby name, if she had given birth to a bottle of shampoo.”
- “Kingslayer. Wish I was kidding.”
- “Diesel Duramax,” which at least one person thought was “the most badass name ever.”
- “Met a girl named Jennifert in college…Jennifer with a T. Why? Because her parents wanted her to be different.”
- “Taqueria, and for those who don’t speak Spanish. A ‘Taqueria’ is a place that sells tacos.”
- “Any name where the parent takes a classic name and changes the spelling of it in an effort to be edgy, like ‘Jayke’ or ‘Mychael’ – that’s just so cringe-worthy to me.”
- ”Extra points for the kid I met named Moon Star.”
- “As a kid who’s name is just as equally f****d up, please think before you name your children something dumb and edgy….” urged a person, like “Arynne…. pronounced Erin.”