How often do you tell a lie? Even if it’s just a little white lie, it’s probably more often than you want to admit. We all probably have one person that comes to mind. Whether you can’t believe a word they say, or they just tend to exaggerate the truth. USC psychologist Gerald Jellison, says that we are lied to up to 200 times per day. (I’m trying to think who even has 200 interactions per day?!) But this of course can fluctuate based on where you live. So which states are the most honest states? Our friends at Gambling.com created a ‘Dishonesty Index’ to discover the biggest liars in the country. And the good news? Both Carolinas were in the bottom 10 making them some of the most honest states.
The index consisted of 5 equally weighted metrics which added up to an overall score of 100:
- Average monthly Google searches for “Tips on Lying” (per 100,000 of the population) = 39 (38th across America)
- Average monthly Google searches for “How to Bluff” (per 100,000 of the population) = 116 (42nd across America)
- Average monthly Google searches for “Ashley Madison” (per 100,000 of the population) = 255 (20th across America)
- Divorce Rates = 10.7% (35th across America)
- Overall Integrity Scores = 65 (32nd across America)
The top 10 most honest states are below followed by the 10 most dishonest. You can read the full report here.