When you think of the best place to visit for Fall, you probably think of mountains. That’s exactly what USA Today had in mind too!
This time of year, there’s so much to see and do, it can be hard to know which events and activities are worth your time and which aren’t. Thankfully, USA TODAY 10Best is here to help. The results of their fall-themed 2023 Readers’ Choice Awards are in, revealing the top picks in seven autumnal categories.
Experts nominated their favorites in everything from corn mazes to apple orchards, then readers cast their votes to decide the winners.
- Best Apple Orchard – Libby & Son U-Picks in Limerick, Maine. They have apple picking from mid-August through the end of October and on select days, they have live music that can be heard throughout the orchard.
- Best Corn Maze – Treqorgy Family Orchards in Levant, Maine. This is the longest continually-running corn maze in the state and it covers more than four acres with more than 60-thousand corn plants growing as tall as 10 feet. Visitors who make it to the center of the corn maze can sign the “Hall of Fame Board.”
- Best Destination for Fall Foliage – Keystone State Park in Pennsylvania. If you want to see the leaves changing colors, this is the best place to do it. The park features Keystone Lake, a 2-mile trail and kayaking, wildlife watching and hiking.
- Best Fall Festival – West Side Nut Club Fall Festival in Evanston, Indiana. This October event brings in more than 200-thousand people and includes live entertainment, carnival rides, a huge parade and more than 130 food booths.
- Best Fall Seasonal Beer – Pumpkin Ale from Wallenpaupack Brewing Company. This beer from the Hawley, Pennsylvania brewery is made with real pumpkin and is infused with ginger, nutmeg and other fall spices.
- Best Oktoberfest – Cleveland Oktoberfest in Cleveland, Ohio. The city’s ties to German culture are highlighted in this event that extends to two September weekends and includes live music, pub fare and events from car show to wiener dog racing.
- Best Place to Visit for Fall – Gatlinburg, Tennessee. It’s the gateway to the Great Smoky Mountains and visitors can also check out the Gatlinburg Space Needle to see the area’s fall scenery from about 400 feet in the air, as well as tour well-known attractions like Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies.