If you’re traveling to South Carolina this summer then you’ll be happy to know that Charleston has one of TripAdvisor’s best hotels in the country.
Millions of people will be taking vacations this summer and they’ll want to find excellent places to stay on their trip. To help them find the top accommodations, TripAdvisor has just come out with their 21st annual Travelers’ Choice Best of the Best Awards for Hotels.
To come up with the ranking, TripAdvisor analyzes 12 months of reviews from real travelers at more than 1.5 million hotels. For 2023, the top hotel in the U.S. is The Perry Lane Hotel in Savannah, Georgia. Last year it was number 22 and has risen to number one based on reviews highlighting its chic rooftop bar, food and beverage options, and plenty of Southern hospitality. This year’s top hotel in the world is Rambagh Palace in Jaipur, India. A new category for 2023 is Best Hotels for Sleep. Dromoland Castle Hotel in Newmarket-on-Fergus, Ireland, comes in first, followed by Abigail’s Hotel in Victoria, Canada, and Harbor House Inn, in Santa Barbara, California.
TripAdvisor’s Top 10 Hotels in the U.S.
- The Perry Lane Hotel – Savannah, Georgia
- Hotel Emma at Pearl – San Antonio, Texas
- Hotel Madera – Washington, D.C.
- The Lancaster – Houston, Texas
- Acqualina Resort & Residences On The Beach – Sunny Isles Beach, Florida
- Atticus Hotel – McMinnville, Oregon
- Montage Laguna Beach – Laguna Beach, California
- The Inn Above Tide – Sausalito, California
- French Quarter Inn – Charleston, South Carolina
- Pendry Manhattan West – New York City, New York
TripAdvisor’s Top 5 Hotels in the World
- Rambagh Palace – Jaipur, India
- Ozen Reserve Bolifushi – Bolifushi Island, Maldives
- Hotel Colline de France – Gramado, Brazil
- Shangri-La The Shard, London – London, United Kingdom
- The Ritz-Carlton, Hong Kong – Hong Kong, China
Click here for a full list of all the Traveler’s Choice Hotel winners.
[READ NEXT: Charlotte Hotel Makes TripAdvisor’s Travelers’ Choice Hotel Awards]