Can you guess what time it is? It’s paddling season! Did you know there are multiple ways to enjoy paddle season in Gaston County? Yes, that’s right! Enjoy some fun paddling on the Catawba and South Fork rivers and lakes in Gaston County this summer. We all love the warm weather and enjoy it on the water. So, let’s enjoy this summer season in Gaston County. Have fun in the water any and everywhere all around the area. From McAdenville and South Fork to Mount Holly Boat Landing and Belmont. There are so many things to enjoy this summer when it comes to paddling in the water. So, Gaston County Tourism is giving us a list of where to go when it comes to paddling this summer. Check out the full list below to have some fun in Gaston County.
Where to Paddle?
- Confluence – Cramerton, NC: Head down the slow-flowing South Fork River when you want to paddle softly in the Cramerton area. Get the small-town views for your 90-minute paddle flow. Walk-up rentals are Saturdays and Sundays 10 am to 4 pm.
- The Boathouse – McAdenville, NC: Head here and rent your choice of kayak, canoe, or SUP. Jam at the Dam is also held at The Boathouse, so you can really enjoy more than just the paddling.
- Riverside Marina Paddle & Row – Belmont, NC: Here you can enjoy a kayak, paddleboard, and canoe outfitter when you’re ready. There are also pontoon boat rentals, peddle fishing kayaks, and so much more!
- Tailrace Marina – Mount Holly: Head to Tailrace Marina and enjoy things such as kayaking, paddleboarding, and pontoon rentals. Check out local spots for good food and drinks while you’re there.
- Aquatic Adventures – Mount Holly Boat Landing: Enjoy all things like snacks, maps, and hospitality when you’re cruising along the Catawba River.
- Sun’s Up Scuba – South Fork: They are giving you a chance to enjoy a day of rentals of kayaks and paddle boards. Rental opportunities includes 10 single-person kayaks, 2 tandem kayaks, and 4 single-person stand-up paddleboards as your options.
- Whitewater Center: Of course, the Whitewater Center is here for you to enjoy. Cruising along the Catawba River while visiting the Whitewater Center. Not only are there water activities, but you can also enjoy festivals, concerts, races, and more!
- Anchored Soul: This rental company allows you all of the necessary tools to have an enjoyable experience on the water. They also offer moonlight group paddles throughout the season and other cool events for you to check out.
Check out the full article by Gaston County Tourism here for more information on each rental opportunity.