Charlotte is Not One of America’s Most Romantic Cities
What are America’s most romantic cities? Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and lovebirds across the country will be looking for ways to celebrate. It turns out, some cities do a better job of getting their romance on. New research tells us which ones they are.
A new list of the Most Romantic Cities in America from24/7 Wall St is out. It ranks each of the 200 biggest cities in the U.S. Using TripAdvisor, they looked into the availability of romantic hotels, fine dining restaurants and activities that are “good for couples.” It also analyzes The Couple’s Vacation Index by Travel Lens to find the total number of searches for “date ideas” in each city.
- The top cities for couples’ activities are Honolulu, Las Vegas and Minneapolis.
- New York City and Miami rank highest for cities with the most high-end restaurants.
- The Most Romantic City overall is New York City. Thanks in part to the nearly 500 fine dining establishments, as well as the searches for date ideas. Its Romantic City score is 9.19 out of 10, has 15.82 romantic hotels per 100 square miles and offers 93.65 couples activities per 100 square miles.
Sadly Charlotte didn’t make the top 10. However we do have so many great restaurants here. The Most Romantic Cities in America are:
- New York City, New York
- Minneapolis, Minnesota and Miami, Florida (tie)
- Portland, Oregon
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Chicago, Illinois
- Seattle, Washington
- Honolulu, Hawaii & Boston, Massachusetts (tie)
(Check out the full list here)