TikTok Is Influencing Where People Dine
TikTok is influencing a lot of people these days, with users willing to try anything they see on the social media app. And that seems particularly true when it comes to food and restaurants.
A new survey finds Tiktok is influencing:
- 38% of TikTokers say they’ve visited or ordered food from a restaurant because of a video they saw on TikTok.
- That translates to about 51.8 million diners.
- And that number goes up to 53% for Millennial TikTok users.
- Even distance and money won’t stop some users from trying restaurants they’ve seen on the site.
- 30% of people say they’ve traveled farther than they usually would try a restaurant they’ve seen on TikTok.
- And 28% say they went to an establishment that was more expensive than they would normally go to.
- So, what is it about these TikTok restaurants that motivated people to go to them?
- Top reasons for trying them include:
- Appetizing-looking food (72%)
- Unique menu item (45%)
- Looked like a fun place to go with friends or family (42%)
- Showed a cool way of serving the food or drink (38%)
- Showed a cool atmosphere (37%)
- Had a great view (30%)
Sign me up for the Kiss 95.1 email newsletter!
Make sure you're not missing out on anything at Kiss 95.1 and become an exclusive VIP member. Enjoy all the perks and get exclusive insight into music news, contests, and more!