Choosing where to apply to college is a tough decision, and many high school seniors are probably grappling with that very question now. There are tons of reports with opinions on the best colleges out there, and now WalletHub has chimed in with its picks.
The site has just come out with its 2023 College & University Rankings, revealing the top-performing schools with the lowest costs to undergrads. They looked at 900 institutions, judging them on 30 key factors in categories such as Cost & Financing, Career Outcomes, Student Selectivity, Campus Experience, and more. Topping the list of the best overall institution is the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, which scores 82.14 out of 100, topping the list for student selectivity, and landing at seven for education outcomes, and six for faculty resources. It isn’t cheap though, landing at 723 for cost and financing.
MIT also tops WalletHub’s list judging just universities. Swarthmore College in Pennsylvania tops the list of the Best Colleges (colleges don’t typically offer advanced degrees, and tend to be smaller than universities). Swarthmore scores 72.25 out of 100 and is at two for student selectivity, and in the Top 10 for faculty resources, education, and campus experience.
Top Ten Best Colleges & Universities For 2023
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology – Massachusetts
- Yale University – Connecticut
- California Institute of Technology – California
- Princeton University – New Jersey
- Harvard University – Massachusetts
- Stanford University – California
- Rice University – Texas
- University of Pennsylvania – Pennsylvania
- Georgia Institute of Technology – Georgia
- Duke University – North Carolina
Click here to see the full list.