As if we needed a reason to eat more pumpkin themed foods and drinks in the Fall! Everyone knowns pumpkin is the Fall’s favorite fruit, but there are real health benefits to eating pumpkin too.
Pumpkins could actually help you look younger, and lose weight, among other great benefits. Pumpkin really is a super food!
Here’s a list of all the benefits of eating pumpkin:
It can help you see better
- Pumpkins are high in vitamin A, which helps with eye health
- Pumpkins also have vitamin C, which is associated with boosting immunity
Be more flexible
- There’s quite a bit of potassium in pumpkins, and according to Kimberly Baker, who is the director of the Clemson Extension Food Systems and Safety Program. “Potassium helps to contract muscles, regulates fluid and mineral balance within the cells of the body, and helps to maintain normal blood pressure.”
Helps with weight loss!
- Because pumpkins are make largely of water, it is low in calories, but still contain lots of nutrients which is great for weight loss.
Make you look younger
- Pumpkins apparently have lots of antioxidants which are great for the skin.