Well, this is kinda shocking! The average person has more pics of their pet than family!
New research from SWNS Digital reveals just how much people love their pets and some of the different things they do to show it. According to a survey of 2-thousand cat and dog owners, about a third of them say they treat their pet like royalty and these are just some of the ways they do that.
The poll finds:
- The average pet parent takes 400 pictures of their pet every year and about a third of them have more photos of their pets on their phones than of their kids or partner.
- While 35% of respondents have the most photos of their pets, just 27% say they have the most pics of their kids and only 16% claim to have the most of their partner.
- A quarter of those surveyed have shown their love for their pet by throwing a party just for them and one in six have gotten a tattoo of their pet.
- Another 25% confess to letting their fur baby kiss them on the mouth.
- Just over half of pet parents (52%) say they feel incomplete when they’re not with their pet and more than three-quarters (79%) have taken their pet on vacation.
- Pets also like to stick close to their human’s side, including while they’re cooking (38%), getting ready for bed (37%) and working out (35%).
- When pet parents make changes in their lives, they also have their furry friends in mind with decisions like moving (27%), buying furniture (33%), and deciding whether or not to buy a home with a yard (32%).
- And with all that love for their pets, it’s no surprise that nearly half (45%) of owners say their pet sleeps in the bed with them.