A good Samaritan jumps in to help save a woman from choking at a North Carolina restaurant. According to ABC 11, Cynthia Munday was having dinner with her daughter, Priscilla, and a friend at a restaurant in Lillington, North Carolina. The women were joking and laughing, and then suddenly, Cynthia couldn’t breathe. She was choking on a piece of food and lost consciousness.
Priscilla jumped up from the table to help her mom and called out for anyone who knew CPR. A couple of tables away, local Realtor Connor Stephenson overheard the commotion and ran to Cynthia’s aid. Although she has no formal training, Connor quickly pulled Cynthia from the booth and performed the Heimlich maneuver on her. On the second attempt, she successfully dislodged the food from Cynthia’s throat, and she started breathing again.
A week later, Cynthia got to meet up with her hero to thank her in person for saving her life. The experience has created a lifelong bond between the two women. Connor was also recognized for her actions by the Town of Coats. Both women hope the story will encourage others to learn basic life-saving skills because you never know when you might be in a position to come to someone’s rescue.
Source: ABC 11