If you have ever had a job in the service industry chances are you have received some pretty crappy tips. A new study by CreditCards.com revealed that Baby Boomers are the BEST tippers but our audience disagrees!
The survey by CreditCards.com finds,
- Despite one-third of Americans vowing to be better tippers in 2020 and 2021, the amount of people tipping has decreased.
- In 2022, 73% of Americans say they always tip when going to restaurants, which is down from 77% in 2019, and 75% in 2021.
- Other than the 73% who always tip, when it comes to tipping in 2022:
- 14% tip most of the time.
- 9% tip sometimes.
- 4% never tip.
- Broken down by generations, the percentage that always tip include:
- 52% of Gen Z.
- 60% of Millennials.
- 77% of Gen X.
- 87% of Baby Boomers.
- Meanwhile 78% of women always tip, while 68% of men say the same.
- Of course, how much money a person has does affect their tipping.
- 26% of those with incomes over $1 million say they always tip, as compared to 19% of those who make less than $50K.