Most Dog Owners Insist They Can Read Their Pet’s Mind. Many dog owners feel closer to their furbabies than they do with most humans, and a new survey reveals just how connected they are to their four-legged friends.
A new poll finds:
- 74% of dog owners insist they can read their dog’s mind, and understand what they want at any given time.
- 71% insist their dogs also understand them.
- The average dog owner says it took about six months for them to make such a bond, doing it by:
- Playing ball/fetch (50%)
- Taking them on walks (48%)
- Dogs and their owners are so in tune with one another that 70% of owners say they have the same personalities.
So, what are some of the most common dog personalities? They include:
- “The Guardian,” protective, imposing, attached.
- “The Family Dog,” easy to get along with, great with children, gentle.
- “The Class Clown,” goofy, entertaining, clumsy.
- The Dedicated Worker” reliable, obedient, high-energy.
- “The WatchDog,” vigilant, alert, barks a lot.
- “The Independent Thinker,” intelligent, inquisitive, likes to do things on their own.
- “Social Butterfly,” high-energy, loves attention, outgoing.
- And regardless of the personality type, most dog owners describe their pets in the most positive ways.
- Top descriptions include:
- Loving (35%)
- Playful (33%)
- Intelligent (32%)
- Loyal (32%)
- Protective (31%)
- Gentle (30%)
- Affectionate (30%)
- Obedient (29%)
- Brave (29%)
- High-energy (29%)
Are you one of those people who can read their pet’s mind.
Source: SWNS Digital