Ask any mom and they’ll say that while there are a lot of really great things that come with motherhood, there are also a lot of negative things you have to deal with. So, what are the good and bad of being a mom?
According to Metro UK and a new UK poll of moms, which could easily translate here, finds:
- 69% of women say they love being a mom.
- 48% say being a mom has resulted in them feeling more carefree and not caring what other people think.
- 43% say they are entertained by their children daily.
- 39% say being a mom brings them the most joy and happiness.
- 80% actually say being a mom isn’t as hard as they thought it would be.
- 43% say they now feel they have a purpose in life.
- 36% have never felt more loved as they have since becoming a mom.
But it’s not all perfect.
- Motherhood has left plenty of women in tears at some point.
- 44% admit to having a “secret cry” in the car.
- 37% have and one in the shower.
- And some have even let the waterworks fly while shopping for groceries.
- Other negatives about motherhood include:
- 48% of moms say they have less free time.
- 43% say they have to learn to deal with less sleep.
Source: Metro UK