St. Patty’s Day is one of my favorite holidays to celebrate, and I’ll tell you why; it’s one of the only holidays where you aren’t expected or required to really do anything in America (except wear green).
Many people like to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day with a green beer, but if you want to take it one step further, how about making an Irish meal to go with your green beer for dinner?
If you’re interested, but don’t want to spend all day in the kitchen, or have to buy a bunch of ingredients, I have got the perfect recipe for you! Here is my super easy recipe for Shepherds Pie that you can try making this St. Patty’s Day.
- 1 pound of ground beef/ turkey
- can of sweet corn
- can of carrots and peas (or whatever other vegetables you like)
- Bob Evan’s mashed potatoes
- Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350
- Cook onions and ground beef on the stove top until browned, then pour on the bottom of a oven safe dish
- Pour cans of corn and vegetables on top on beef in the dish
- Spread mashed potatoes on top of the vegetables, then cover with cheese.
- Put it in the oven for 20 minutes or until completely warm.