Sometimes we are desperate for focus and motivation when it comes to increasing productivity! It can be a struggle to get started on a task we don’t want to do. Then we have to stay productive which is another challenge. Luckily, TikTok is full of “life hacks” that are designed to increase productivity. Some are more effective than others so the team at “Business Insider” put five TikTok productivity hacks to the test to determine which ones are worth even trying.
- Body Doubling – This strategy uses the presence of another person to help you get more things done. Tell the other person what you’re planning to work on and get done. You don’t feel alone in a task and most importantly it keeps you accountable. Is it worth it? YES
- Time Blocking – This can be great for people who thrive on structure. It involves breaking your day into different segments, or blocks, to create a detailed plan for how you will spend your day. The only drawback is it doesn’t allow for flexibility and can get boring. Is it worth it? NOT REALLY
- The 5-Minute Rule – This is useful when you’re avoiding a task, procrastinating, or struggling to just get started. The rule is to start whatever it is and only commit to 5 minutes. You’ll likely find yourself completing it anyway. Getting started typically is the hardest part. Is it worth it? YES
- The Pomodoro Technique – This technique involves breaking up your workday into 25-minute chunks separated by five-minute breaks. Once you’ve gone through this four times, you can then treat yourself to a longer 20-minute break. It’s noted that this technique can interrupt a good “flow” of work. Is it worth it? NOT REALLY
- Energy Management – This strategy involves tracking your energy levels throughout your day and using that info to create a schedule that works for you. You can also track which tasks drain your energy and schedule them around tasks that energize you. Is it worth it? YES
I personally like the way the energy management one sounds. That’s something I need to try. What’s your favorite life hack you’ve discovered on TikTok? Tweet us and let us know! @theMRLshow
SOURCE: Business Insider