The term “bridezilla” gets thrown around a lot, but sometimes there’s really no other way to describe a bride’s behavior. Case in point? I found this article from the Bored Panda about a bride who came up with a list of rules her bridesmaids have to agree to follow to be included in her wedding party. After she created 37 rules, it’s no surprise to see bridemaids dropping out of the party.
The bride-to-be explains that she gave out contracts to her bridal party that explain all of her expectations to avoid any issues. She shares that she started with 10 women and four backed out after getting the rules, so she’s down to six, but she says she “refuses to be stressed about it” and she “won’t budge” on any of her rules.
Her 37 rules for her bridesmaids include:
- “I will not try to convince the bride to change anything in her wedding”
- “I will not gain more than six-pounds between now and the wedding”
- “I will only wear dark brown or black hair on the day of the wedding (highlights may be accepted with prior approval)”
- “I cannot wear any lashes on the day of the wedding unless professionally installed”
- “I have to attend the bridal shower and bachelorette party, fitting and rehearsals and wedding (only time this can be missed is death or jail, pregnancy over five months and some sickness with recent doctor’s note)”
- “I will not intentionally get pregnant before the wedding (pregnancy under five months will not be excused from attending wedding events)”
- “I will not consume more than seven alcohol drinks during any event except bachelorette party (there will be no limit)”
- “I will not make any advances toward any male in the wedding party”
- “I will agree to save at least $50 a month for expenses for the next 14 months”
- “I will not attempt to outdo the bride in any way”
You can read more on the Bored Panda