After more than a year of basically sticking to domestic destinations for their travel experiences, there are probably plenty of people ready to get out and see the world again. Well, National Geographic is here to help those folks find their next great destination.
- The mag has just come out with their “Best of the World 2022” list.
- It features 25 “must-see” destinations in categories of sustainability, family, nature, adventure, and culture.
- While the list contains many destinations around the world, several U.S. spots made the list.
- Atlanta, Georgia landed on the culture list, while National Columbia Gorge Scenic Area, Oregon/Washington made the list for sustainability.
- Northern Minnesota also made the list for nature, Eastern Shore, Maryland was recognized in the family category, and Arapahoe Basin, Colorado made the list for adventure.
National Geographic’s Best of the World 2022
- Ruhr Valley, Germany
- Parque Nacional Yasuni, Ecuador
- Łódź, Poland
- National Columbia Gorge Scenic Area, Oregon/Washington
- Chimanimani National Park, Mozambique
- Danube River Cruise
- Lycia, Turkey
- Granada, Spain
- Eastern Shore, Maryland
- Seine River Bike Trail, France
- Costa Rica
- Nepisiguit Mi’gmaq Trail, New Brunswick, Canada
- Arapahoe Basin, Colorado
- Caprivi Strip, Namibia
- Northern Minnesota
- Lake Baikal, Russia
- Belize Maya Forest Reserve
- Victoria, Australia
- Jingmai Mountain, Yunnan, China
- Tin Pan Alley, London
- Hokkaido, Japan
- Procida, Italy
- Atlanta, Georgia
Read the full article here!