Although they are often looked at as the easy way out when it comes to giving presents, gift cards are more popular than ever during the holidays. But if you’re going to forgo thinking of the perfect gift for a friend and instead get them a gift card you’re going to want to at least make sure you get them a good one.
Well, WalletHub has just come out with their list of the best gift cards, judging 50 of the most popular gift cards on a variety of criteria including:
- How popular the cards are
- How much of a discount you can buy them for
- How much you can sell them for
- How much people like the retailer
- Shipping fees
So, which card is the best one out there?
- Well, not all that surprising, an Amazon Gift Card tops the list.
- An Amazon card is by far considered the most popular card to give, plus it gets a retailer rating 2.53 out of five, which isn’t the highest, but still pretty good.
- While Amazon is the most popular, the Target and Starbucks Gift Cards actually land the highest WalletHub score, with a 60, although they are only the fourth and fifth most popular cards respectively. Both have retailer ratings higher than Amazon.
Top Ten Most Popular Gift Cards
(click here for the complete list)
- Amazon Gift Card
- Visa Gift Card
- Walmart Gift Card
- Target Gift Card
- Starbucks Gift Card
- iTunes Gift Card
- eBay Gift Card
- Google Play Gift Card
- Chick-fil-A Gift Card
- American Express Gift Card
Top Five Highest Scoring Gift Cards
- Target Gift Card(60)
- Starbucks Gift Card (60)
- iTunes Gift Card (55)
- Chick-fil-A Gift Card (55)
- Nike Gift Card (55)