In 2020, Highland Brewing Company in Asheville raised over $25K for hospitality workers in need through our Give Back with Gaelic campaign. This year they are doing it again!
In North Carolina, Highland Brewing Company is supporting the North Carolina Hospitality Relief Workers Fund, Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina, and Food Bank of Central and ENC.
According to recent data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, leisure and hospitality unemployment rates still exceed the national unemployment rate by 3.6%.
Now through the end of the year, Highland will donate a portion of the proceeds from sales of Gaelic Ale, the brewery’s flagship amber ale, to 7 non-profits supporting people in the hospitality community across North Carolina and the Southeast.
As stated, they will give matching contributions from their distribution partners for the following organizations listed below. A copy of the press release can be seen here.
- North Carolina Restaurant Workers Relief Fund (WNC and Coastal Carolina)
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina (Charlotte Area)
- Food Bank of Central & Eastern North Carolina (Raleigh and Durham)
- South Carolina Restaurant and Lodging Association (South Carolina)
- Virginia Restaurant and Hospitality Relief Fund (Roanoke and Bristol, VA)
- Tennessee Action for Hospitality (Tennessee)
- Giving Kitchen (Georgia)