While some folks think of the Halloween season as just a fun time for kids to dress up and get candy, other people like to embrace the scary side of the holiday. When it comes to scares, different folks undoubtedly fear different things and now a new report by Best Life reveals what folks in different states find scary.
- A new Best Life report reveals what scares people the most in each state.
- They used a recent study that looked at Google Trends data to discover which fears were searched the most in each state.
- Overall, “fear of being alone” was the most common fear.
- Eight states had a fear of being alone, including Nevada, Washington, Virginia, Tennessee, South Carolina, Colorado, Maryland, and Missouri.
- Other top fears include “the dark,” the top fear in six states, “people” also a top fear in six states, and “death,” “blood” and “needles,” a top fear in five states each.
- One of the odder fears to make the list is the fear of a “cluster of small holes,” which was surprisingly a top fear in five states including South Dakota, Alaska, and Rhode Island.
- Folks in Utah have a fear of “imperfection, while folks in Maine’s top fear is “being without their phone.”
- Surprisingly, only three states had “clowns” as their top fear, and only one, Montana, had “spiders.”
Click here to see the top fear in your state.