Deadly Wedgie: NC Girl Is Hospitalized From Denim Shorts Wedgie
Sam, a 25-year-old from North Carolina, didn’t expect any possible side effects when she decided to wear some high-cut jean shorts on a date three years ago. However, her booty had other plans! Sam shared her story on TikTok about how the wedgie created by her shorts and underwear actually contributed to her ending up in the ICU.
She was diagnosed with cellulitis and sepsis. Cellulitis is a painful skin infection, while sepsis is a life-threatening response the body uses to fight infection. Sam went to the doctor the next day to get treated with antibiotics for a possible skin infection, but it was already too late. “The very next morning, I was in septic shock and rushed to the ER by my mom. I was in the ICU for almost four days, where the doctors were debating debridement surgery (basically, cutting off the part of my butt that was infected).”
Sam told BuzzFeed that she decided to share her story because she thought it would be funny for her TikTok followers. She never expected it to get the attention it has. It currently has over 7.8 million views and thousands of comments.
Reply to @alyssakathryn1 #greenscreen THE SHORTS. Pls don’t judge me for how I dressed in 2017 hahahah♬ original sound - on here bc corona