Grandfather Mountain is celebrating the Girl Scouts of the United States of America. They will host their annual Grandfather Mountain Girl Scout Day on Saturday, Sept. 18. All Girl Scouts who wear their uniform will receive free admission. Troop leaders will also get in free and family members will receive discounted admission.
The organization’s relationship with the park has spanned the past 50 years. Girl Scout Day will run from 11 am to 4 pm and include events such as weather exploration, habitat tours, nature hike, a speaker, and an “Animal CSI” program.
Activities include nature hikes, an interactive “Animal CSI” exercise, weather exploration, a keynote speaker presentation and habitats tours.
Girl Scouts Day at Grandfather Mountain Schedule
- 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.: Exploratory Hike – Meet at Woods Walk
- 11 a.m. to 12 p.m.: Discovery/Sensory Table – Visit at Woods Walk
- 12 to 12:30 p.m.: Lunch
- 12:30 to 1 p.m.: Animal CSI/Skull Identification – Meet at the Butterfly Garden across from the Fudge Shop
- 1 to 2 p.m.: Speaker – Meet in the Sunroom at Mildred’s Grill
- 1 to 2 p.m.: Black Rock Nature Hike – Meet at Black Rock Parking Lot
- 2 to 3 p.m.: Nature/Weather Exploration – Meet at the bottom of the stairs to the Mile High Swinging Bridge
- 3 to 4 p.m.: Speaker – Meet in the Sunroom at Mildred’s Grill
- 3 to 4 p.m.: Habitat Question Session – Explore Grandfather Mountain’s environmental wildlife habitats and chat with the naturalists stationed there to learn about the animals who call Grandfather home.