Labor Day weekend is upon us, which means it’s the unofficial end of summer, and a lot of people are not at all happy it’s here.
A new survey finds:
- 40% of Americans say summer is the season they look forward to the most.
- 63% of people say they wish summer lasted longer.
- A third of those people would be okay with it lasting an additional two months.
- 55% of people say they plan to remain in summer mode even after the season is over.
- For 24% of people, January is when they start missing summer the most.
- Things folks miss most about the summer once it’s over include:
- Warm weather (52%)
- Wearing fewer layers of clothes (45%)
- Summery fruit (38%)
- Barbecues (34%)
- Eating ice cream (33%)
- But summer does have to end, and many people have big plans for how they plan to close out the season.
- 63% say they will see their family and friends one last time, probably until the holidays.
- 31% will say goodbye to summer with one last barbecue.
- 30% will go to the beach.
- 29% will go on vacation.
Source: SWNS Digital